Friday 13 February 2015

Finding Colour in the Grey


A Powell River winter is grey. It rains A LOT!!!  We get our day (or hour) of sunshine here and there but it doesn't stick around long. I know I shouldn't complain as people around the globe have it a lot worse however I must say, January & February are dark and depressing. I never used to be bothered by the constant rain and blah but as I get older I find it makes me a little crazy. I'm always searching for signs of Spring and right now there's a lot popping up. Finding colour in the grey days that never seem to end is necessary for me to keep my sanity. When it's not raining we try and get outside for some fresh air. Our winters are mild and I count my blessings every day for where we live, I just dream of a little more sunshine and blue skies. There are only about 6 weeks until Spring officially arrives and around 3 until we lose an hours sleep but gain an hours light. I'm looking very forward to both these events already! Hope you are finding colour in your days also.

1 comment:

  1. There is so much beautiful couloir appearing....we are the opposite....Autumn will soon be here.....the changing of he seasons is always the best time..the anticipation of a change....only then to find ourselves in the middle wishing for the next. Enjoy that beautiful colour popping up xxx

    ReplyDelete