Monday 3 October 2016

Jackson turns 13

My boy turned 13 on Friday. A teenager!!!He was up and bed head ready for presents around 7;30, thrilled for all he received from us then off to school. The few presents were a bonus as his real gift was seeing Drake in Vancouver a few weeks ago  - lucky boy! After breakfast we headed to school. Usually he catches the bus but as it was his birthday I wanted to drive him. We stopped on the way and got him a London Fog and a piece of pizza for lunchtime. On Thursday I contacted the principal (who I happened to graduate with) and asked if I could sneak in after school and do some stuff to Jackson's locker. He was super supportive. I added a disco ball and several decorations and balloons as well as tons of treats so that when Jackson arrived Friday morning, he'd open his locker to loads of surprises.  He said when he arrived at school, everyone was waiting at his locker for him wishing him well and encouraging him to open up his locker. I'd left one thing on the outside which tipped them all off that surprises may be in store. His day was great at school. One of his fears in his last year at elementary was that no one would know it was his birthday but as a result of social media and my talking to the principal he was wished well at every turn. Once the bell rang at the end of the day, he and 5 others caught the bus home then 4 others arrived and the party started. Honestly, it was one of the easiest parties I've ever thrown. The boys ate some chips and veggies and dip and shot pucks and jumped on the trampoline for a bit then we played a bottle flipping game. How I hate the bottle flipping but I knew it would be a hit with them and I was right.  After we declared two winners, they all came in and ate lasagna, caesar salad and cheese bread. Back outside with full bellies for a little bit longer and back in for presents and cake and the party was over!!! They seperated into two groups and hoped into two vans and headed to town for a hockey game. 2 1/2 hours start to finish. Easy peasy and loads of fun. Jackson had a day of smiles, full of love, surrounded by family and friends. I think 13 will be amazing for him!!

2 comments:

  1. You don't look old enough to have a teenager! These photos are just fabulous and really capture the magic of the day! You are so thoughtful, I'd have loved to see the look on his face when he got to his locker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day your boy had and I too would have loved to have seen his face when he got to and opened his locker - parent points there Jen! If it's any consolation, Louis is totally into this bottle flipping thing too, in fact I am looking at discarded bottles in my garden right now and I KNOW he'll be spending his break times flipping bottles today - I just don't get it! Anyway, happy 13 Jackson! x

    ReplyDelete