Sunday 26 March 2017

Back to Reality - Goodbye Spring Break

Spring Break has come and gone for another year. I'm always a little sad (well a lot sad) when it ends as it means the kids are on their way to finishing school for the year and getting older and moving on. They grow so fast. It seems our SB always consists of the same things - hockey, a trip to the city as well as the Skagit Valley, movies (we saw Hidden Figures and Beauty and the Beast), several walks in the woods and trips to the beach plus lots of time with friends and family.

 We've had a good break. I only worked 3 days of the 2 weeks so I'm feeling pretty relaxed other than my bad arm.  My right arm/shoulder has been causing me grief for a couple of months now. I recently got a cortisone shot in my shoulder and really hoped that would do the trick but all it seemed to do was move the pain totally to my arm. I hoped it would heal with no work but no success. Back to the doctor I go I guess. 

Anyhoo, it was good to have some time off. Jackson said today that he was looking forward to school tomorrow to see everyone. Lily had some tears when I kissed her goodnight as she isn't interested in going back just yet. They both do great with routines so I'm sure it will only be til the end of the week for things to go back to life before the break. I've already signed agendas, made lunches and laid out clothes for the AM. Back to reality begins in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment